The content creator has a choice to restrain you from commenting on their videos. This may be either due to any problem with your account. But for most cases, the restriction is from the content creator itself.
YouTube provides you with the fastest and best video message to your viewers. People upload videos belonging to different niches for views. More viewers, Likes, comments, and subscribers on a YouTube channel determine its success. The content creators want to have more reviews and feedback from the audience about their videos. For which people comment on their suggestions and give feedback about the videos. But sometimes people are unable to comment on a video and they may wonder “why can’t I comment on YouTube?”
It may happen for many reasons explained below:
- The main reason for your not able to comment on a specific video is the restriction from the content creator. This is the common reason and most probable also. Content creators do so for some of their videos. Some videos may contain sensitive content for which the You Tubers do not want to get involved in any argument. In some cases, You Tuber does it after receiving many spam comments. They restrict the commenting to stop the argument if people have messed up their comment sections. People may do it to find a flee from any political debate.
- At times it may happen that the channel owner has blocked your account. Because of any former threatening or unethical comment, You Tuber has blocked your account. In this case, you can view their videos easily but you are unable to comment or argue. That may be because of any negative feedback.
- There may be any functional issue in your account that may stop you from commenting on you Tube. This kind of issue may be on account of two reasons
- If somehow you enabled your restriction mode on your you Tube account. Enabling your restriction mode will not allow you to comment on any videos. To recover this, you should go to the setting section in your YouTube channel. If restriction mode is enabled, switch it off and save the settings. Your comment section will be active again then.
- Another reason may be the problem with your cookies policies. You can recover the issues related to your browser. You simply need to clear your browser cache and cookies. Chances are there it may solve the problem and you can comment again.
There are least chances for any functional issue to occur in your account. If there is some problem with your account, you can fix them by following the above-mentioned steps. The most prevalent reason for not commenting on a video is the restriction from the content creator. If the content creator has certainly blocked you, you can contact him in person to ask what happened. If the comment section is restricted for everyone that is because the content creator does not want any argument on the respective topic. This restriction can be eliminated by that person only.