This is one of the amazing features presented by YouTube. You can turn off the likes and dislikes on your video. What does turning off likes and dislikes mean? It simply means that your viewers will not be able to see the number of likes and dislikes on your video.
There will be a thumbs up button for likes and thumbs down for dislike. But nobody could see how many people liked or disliked your video. If you didn’t know about this feature of YouTube, read the article till the end. To avoid any kind of public sarcasm or demotivation, it’s a good step.
How is it Useful?
You can hide your likes and dislikes to avoid more negative ratings. Most probably, people dislike your video without even watching them. That’s because someone from their friend list has disliked it or there were more dislikes than likes.
This problem can cause you to lose your subscribers. People may give negative feedback in the comment section as well. if you are running a channel on YouTube, you must have faced this problem. But you don’t need to worry about it. You can solve the problem by hiding the number of likes and dislikes on your videos. People will not show biasness while judging your videos.
Recommended to read: How to see who like your comment on youtube?
How to Turn off Likes and Dislikes on YouTube?
You will get complete guidance about how to turn off likes and dislikes on YouTube? You can do this with both; cell phone and a PC.
For Cellphone Users
You can turn off likes and dislikes on your video by following simple steps.
- Go to your YouTube. Click on your profile and you will see a drop-down menu. Select the Display PC option.
- The whole version will change into the interface as of PC.
- Click on the YouTube studio option. You will see a channel interface handling the features to edit your videos.
- Select any of your videos that you have uploaded. You will edit the already uploaded video.
- Select the Edit option in the top right section.
- Go to advanced settings.
- There will be a feature named comments in the advanced setting. In its drop-down, you can see users can see the rating for this video. Disable this option.
- Save the changes by clicking on the Save button at the bottom.
- The process is completed and nobody can see the likes and dislikes on your videos.
For Laptop Users
We can seamlessly disable likes and dislikes using a laptop. The process is approximately the same with a little change.
- Go to YouTube. And from the left bar select YouTube studio. You will see your uploaded videos there.
- Select the Edit option by clicking on the pencil icon in front of the video you want to hide likes and dislikes for.
- Select the details option. Here you will see a feature more option. Select the feature.
- Scroll down to see the option the users can see the view rating for this video. Disable this option.
- Click on the save changes option.
- All is done. Your rating is hidden now.