YouTube is used by millions and is one of the most widely used platforms for viewing videos. The content present on YouTube is very versatile. It includes entertainment, action, knowledge, movies, funny content, and even songs. Therefore it has a lot of content creators on it as well.
There are certain things on YouTube, let’s say that you found a video that is informative or funny or in general interesting, like other platforms you would like to tag a friend or mention someone there. Following instructions can help you in learning how to tag someone on YouTube and to share the video with them.
Tagging Someone on a YouTube Comment
YouTube used to have a command through which you could easily mention someone in a video. Now, unfortunately, it has been disabled and you can’t mention someone in a YouTube comment. Although you cannot directly mention someone, you can mention them by replying to their comment on the video. This is an interesting and profitable thing for content creators as it enables them to get more shares and views on their videos.
However, the most like reason for mentioning someone on a YouTube video would be to show them that video, you can do this with the YouTube share features. as they will have to share them with their friends via the share button.
Moreover, in this way, people will want to watch the entire videos and if they find the videos interesting they’ll get more likes as well.
But if you want to mention someone via a comment reply following is the procedure for that:
On a Computer:
- Go to the YouTube page on your browser on either mac or windows
- Find the video in which you want to tag or mention someone on which they have already commented
- Click on ‘Reply’ written below the comment
- Type whatever you want to say
- And then click on the reply button
In this way, you can mention someone via your computer if they have already commented on the video.
However, for mobile phones follow the following steps:
On a Mobile Phone
- Either open the YouTube application or open it using the browser on your Android or IOS device.
- Go to that video in which you wish to mention the person
- Find the comment of the person you want to reply to by mentioning them
- Tap on the ‘Reply’ icon and comment whatever you want
- Press the arrow located on the right side of the comment box to send your comment
The YouTube app or the application both have had a method of tagging anyone in the comment whether they had commented on the post or not by adding a plus icon and adding the google ID name of that person. But that option has been removed from YouTube altogether and now the only way in which you can mention someone is by replying to their comment.
You can always share the video with the people you want to show that video to. It is a very simple process by simply clicking on the share button that is located below the video. But there is no way through which you can directly mention anyone in the comment section.