Its been a while since you checked on binging YouTube video. You just opened your YouTube app and went straight to the drop down menu. Oh no! The drop down menu is not working.
But why? You try again and again to open it, refresh the YouTube app and do all sorts of things but still the drop-down menu is not working.
You may be searching for ways to know why your YouTube drop down menu isn’t working at all. We have the solution right here for you.
You might think that the drop down menu not opening is a bit strange. Yes, it is one of the most strangest things you may have seen in YouTube errors. It is quite annoying and you try and try but nothing happens.
The problem with your YouTube drop down menu might occur when you log in to your account on YouTube. You clicked on the YouTube drop down menu but it didn’t pop up as it should have.
You might see when you completely log out of your account and continue as a guest the drop down menu does appear. Or if you open the website on a private browser, you might notice that the drop down menu seems to work perfectly.
Now you start wondering why it isn’t working when you are logged in. If you’re trying to open and log in from another browser, then it won’t work there too.
You might be able to see the menu for a while when you close the browser and launch it again, but you will face the same issue when you click it.
How Can You Fix This Issue?
After consecutive effort of troubleshooting, you might want to try this:
- Clear all the cache of your browser and app. Clear all browsing history and saved data.
- Make sure to force stop the app and start it again.
- You would have to login again
- Before logging in, restart your device.
- Uninstall all the plugins in browser.
- Or install more plug-ins to be sure and exact
Whenever you’ll load the plugins and open up your YouTube, you’ll see that your drop down menu is working again.
You will also notice that somehow the issues you were facing are now completely resolved and there are no issues now with your YouTube channel or YouTube account.
Some problems solved might not be related to your drop down menu problem but somehow they are now fixed.
Other solutions you might want to try are:
- Update all the installed plugins
- Observe the effects appeared on the menu after the adjustment of zoom in and out.
- Log out your account once and log in again.
- Load your account on some other browser
- Launch Youtube on incognito window.
- Wait for some hours to see if it fixes automatically.
These simple solutions can solve your problem in no time and are easy to do as well.