YouTube being a video-sharing platform allows its users to share as well as watch videos online for free. A content creator needs to make a channel and upload content, while the viewer can be a subscriber to stay notified of each upload and see the videos.
Subscribers play an important role in showing the popularity of one’s channel, so you should effort to get more and more subscribers. While YouTube video views show how many views the video has gathered to bring it to the main page and get monetized, it’s essential to have a good number of views on your videos. Other ways to bring the video to the main page is by gathering a lot of likes and shares to other platforms to gather views.
A private video on YouTube can only be viewed by a certain amount of people, 50 to be exact. Also, it can only be viewed through an invite thus making it the most secure type of video on YouTube. It does not show in search results and also does not show in the recommendations, uploading a private video will also not notify a subscriber. It also cannot be further shared with any other user from the person having an invite as the link won’t open without an invite.
Why Private Videos?
There are numerous reasons why a channel might upload a private video. Some people do not view YouTube as a video-sharing platform just to get likes or views, they like to keep a video library that is personal to them thus the need to keep the videos private.
Other than that they can share these videos only with their close friends or loved ones rather than making them public. It can also be a good way to store any sort of information for a business that employees can only view. Or a business can strategically upload the video in private and upload it just on time by simply making it public.
Lastly, videos can also be uploaded to save storage space from your phone and can also be safe online.
How to Access Private Videos?
It is important to keep in mind that only the uploader of the video can grant you access to the private video. If the uploader has not manually added you to view the video following a few simple steps, watch private videos on YouTube.
- To watch a private video firstly contact its uploader, it can be through email or any other platform you have their contact.
- You must request the video stating your reasons.
- The uploader needs your Google account username which YouTube further authenticates.
- If the uploader sees it necessary they will provide you with the video link.
- To watch the video you need to be signed in to the same YouTube account that the Google information you have sent to the uploader and they have in return sent the private link.
- Private videos at any cost cannot be viewed if you are a third person who does not know its uploader as the main reason behind them is the uploader’s privacy.