As Instagram takes over the world of social media by storm today, almost everyone has one account, if not more. While it goes smoothly, for the most part, people may sometimes give you a hard time on the app. If someone is giving you a hard time, the Instagram block button maybe your best option. Blocking someone on Instagram is a good way to stop them from seeing your profile, posts, and stories. If you have ever blocked someone and don’t know how to undo it, we are here to help! We give your two simple ways with a step-by-step guide to unblock people on Instagram.
Unblocking Someone on Instagram
There are two ways that you can use this. Follow these simple step-by-step guides for both methods.
Method 1: From Instagram Settings
The first method of unblocking someone on Instagram is to do so through settings. Follow these simple steps:
- On your Android or iPhone device open the Instagram app.
- When you open the Instagram homepage, you will see the profile icon located at the bottom-right corner. Click on this profile icon. Once the profile opens, click the three horizontal lines icon present on the right top end of the page.
- From the pop-up menu, open settings. The gear-shaped icon represents the settings icon.
- From settings, go to the privacy icon and tap it. This icon looks like a lock.
- When you open privacy, you will see the connections section. From here choose “blocked accounts”.
- This will open your blocked accounts. From here choose the blue unblock button in front of the person you want to unblock.
- When you click to unblock, the user can see your profile, message you, like your posts, and follow your account if it’s public.
Method 2: From the User’s Profile
This method of unblocking from the user’s profile is even simpler than the previous one.
- On your Android or iPhone device turn on the Instagram app.
- Go to the profile of the user whose account you’d like to unblock. You can either scroll through your follower’s list, search the name of the account, or tap the account name as it appears on your timeline.
- When the profile opens, just click the unblock button, you will see this button underneath the bio and name of the person.
- When you click the blue unblock button, another pop-up will open to confirm your unblock. This will unblock this account and they will be able to see your content. If you want to follow someone you had blocked recently, you will have to follow them again.
Whether you have blocked someone by mistake, or deliberately, now you know the simple process of unblocking someone on Instagram. If you ever block someone on Instagram again, we are sure you won’t have to worry about unblocking them again! It’s really as simple as that. Both the ways mentioned above are quite easy to follow and use. Choosing the method you find is most easy. But, if you are having a public presence on Instagram, we would suggest that you shouldn’t be blocking your followers. As your Instagram followers are the ones who support you and you also gain Instagram likes through them.