We live in the era of the internet where everyone has a phone and the world is just a click away. Not only this but with this global pandemic that has confined us to our homes, we are using our phones more than we ever did. We are just sitting around in our homes surfing through the newsfeed of Facebook or Instagram. If we are not doing this then we are watching our favorite YouTubers on YouTube. The new trend is to stream live and people love to watch these live streams while they watch, like, share, and most importantly “COMMENT” on these streams or even on normal videos. Commenting is a part of watching YouTube.
People express their feelings through these comments and they want them to deliver those emotions to others and to the YouTuber himself and for that, they use different techniques of writing these comments and the most important one is to bold a comment to show how forcefully it is said. But there are people who don’t know how to bold comment on YouTube. Let’s see how it’s done.
So here is how to type in bold on YouTube:
- Go to the video and then scroll down to find the comment section.
- Before writing the comment use an asterisk (*) and also use an asterisk at the end of the comment.
- When you will upload the comment, it will appear in bold letters.
For example, if you want to comment “I love the concept of the video.” You would write it as *I love the concept of the video* and then send the comment. It would automatically appear to be bold.
TIPS AND TRICKS:
- Everything works just fine but knowing about tips and tricks makes the work a little easier. The trick does not work mostly when you are typing years so if you write the year as *1967* and it’s not bold then it’s not your fault.
- If you just want a part of the sentence or a word within the sentence to be bold then type it as;
You are *my favorite* YouTuber.
- Never forget to give space between words because If there is no space between the asterisk and the next word then it would not appear to be bold and you would see a word surrounded by asterisks only.
If you type it right it would appear as;
This is my favorite video.
And if the spaces are not there it would be like;
*This is my favorite video*
- Writing a word in bold means giving that word a little more important so choose wisely among the words that you want to show in bold.
TYPING THE ASTERISK:
- If you are typing on your laptop then the asterisk can be typed by clicking the “shift” and the “8” key together.
- While, if you are typing on your phone then you can find the asterisk key in the section of symbols.