Tiktok gained much popularity in recent years and is the most downloaded application in the world. People use it for fun and entertainment as it is that app that allows users to upload 15-second videos that they can share with world trends that include lip-syncing to the archive of popular songs, dancing, and collaborations, enabling the users to do it with fans and followers who reply to their videos.
This app engages the audience and helps the users get much popularity by getting more video views through mentions. Another reason for its popularity is because Tiktok has launched new features that the users find unique and attract them. Tiktok just rolled out a new dark mode for IOS and Android, which is relatively easy to activate. Like Instagram, WhatsApp, and Messenger, the people who are fond of using shady methods on all their phones are so excited and happy to start and use this feature.
Step To Get A Dark Mode On Tiktok
To get a dark mode on Tiktok, the users must follow some simple steps;
- First of all, make sure you update your Tiktok app. Sometimes it takes a day or two for auto-updates, but if your device doesn’t update the app automatically, then go to the setting and look for any update and update it.
- After updating Tiktok, open the home page or your profile showcasing all the videos you post there.
- On the top right of the page, you will see three dots in a row.
- Tap on that icon, and it will open the privacy and settings.
- You will observe several options but scroll to the ‘General’ and under that, click on the dark mode option.
- It will give you two options. One is the lite mode while the other, dark mode. Select the option you want and tap on it. If you wish to enable dark mode, tap on the dark option.
As long as you update your app and a new option called set device settings, depending on your phone’s display and brightness settings, it will change to the light mode or dark mode.
- Go to the settings of your phone.
- After that, go to display and brightness, and there you can change your entire phone to light mode or dark mode, and TikTok read that setting on iOS.
- Open your application and tap on the three-dot icon that appears on the top right of your TikTok profile page.
- It will open a vast list of options, and all you have to do is that tap on Settings Appearance,
- It will give you options to select a theme for your tik to application.
- Make sure you want a dark theme before selecting Dark. After you tap it, go back to the page, and you will see that the dark mode has been activated.
If you change your mind at some point or after a few days, there is no need to worry because you can revert the changes by changing the theme back to light mode.