Annotations on YouTube can be most annoying for any person while watching any video. The people who want to watch any HD video in full-screen mode can understand how frustrating it is to get annotations time by time. The article is good news for those who wanted to get rid of this annotation problem.
Moreover, people also turn these annotations off on their channels as well. that may be because they are losing likes, views, and subscribers because of excessive notification YouTube continues to impose. The promotion of a channel is something carried out by YouTube. And YouTube notifies the audience with the updates of those channels that have valuable content and more engagements. But too many notifications can be annoying for the users. The term annotation may be confusing to some people. before we move on, we will clear this term first.
What are Annotations?
Many times while watching a YouTube video, you have seen a pop-up button appearing in any of the corners of the video, written Subscribe on it. This is called an annotation. It may appear to you in different sizes and colors. Youtubers are trying to convince the audience to subscribe to their channel. But luckily we can turn this annoying notification off.
The article will cover the detailed ways of how to disable annotations on YouTube? And we shall discuss disabling it on someone else’s video and others as well.
How to disable annotations on YouTube?
The annotations can be removed while you are watching a random video and from your account videos as well.
Disabling Annotation on Someone Else’s Video
You can do this by following these steps.
- Open your search browser and type YouTube.
- Open the video which you want to play.
- In case you want to watch the video in full-screen mode without any disturbance, you can disable annotations.
- On the bottom right side of the video, you can see an arrow of different options. One of them is the setting option.
- Click on the “setting” option. A pop-up will appear to you on the top. This pop-up has many features. One of them will be the annotation.
- This annotation option has a button in front of it. Disable this button in order not to receive more such notifications.
You can successfully disable the annotation on that video. But you must repeat the process to turn it off on every video you watch.
Disabling Annotations on your YouTube Channel
If you think the annotations on your videos are disturbing your viewers, you can turn it off using these steps.
- Log in to your YouTube channel by entering your email and password.
- Click on your profile from the upper right corner. Go to the “setting” option.
- There will be some options that appear to you in the left column of the interface. From these options, click on the “playback” option.
- The screen will appear with many options. Click on the annotation button when you find it. Disable it by turning the button off.
It’s done. People wouldn’t watch these notifications on your videos, and you can turn it on again by repeating the same process when you think it’s the time to promote.
All the images used in this post are copyrighted to the respective owners. If you want any images to be removed, please contact us.
Also, check our YouTube services.