In the midst of contemporary social demans, others choose to withdraw by excluding themselves from social media. Instagram is one of the worst culprits for making it difficult to concentrate on something these days by relentlessly filling our minds with infinite streams of content. It’s understandable that anyone may want to take a step back. If you are one of these people who want to get rid of the app from your iPhone, here are a few moves you can take.
What it Takes to Deactivate Your Account and How to Do it
Deactivating your Instagram is a temporary solution to closing it entirely. It basically means that you are deactivating your account or removing it from the website for a set period of time. You can log back into your account at any time, and your account will be reactivated and you will be able to resume daily use. It is necessary to remember that deactivating your account cannot be achieved from the app and must be done via a web browser. The following are the steps of how to deactivate instagram account temporarily on Iphone.
- Step 1: Navigate to Instagram.com on your phone or web browser or go to your Instagram app downloaded on your phone. Open your profile page after logging in with the individual icon.
- Step 2: Choose Edit Profile and navigate to the bottom of the tab. There will be a “temporarily disable my account” option.
- Step 3: You will be asked to give a justification for deactivating your account. From the drop-down menu, choose a reason.
- Step 4: Re-enter your password and uninstall or deactivate your account for the time being.
- Step 5: Congratulations! Your account has been momentarily deactivated and is no longer visible to other accounts. According to Instagram’s policies, you can only deactivate your account once a week.
The followers want to see photos that are wonderfully shared and arranged on the story. Views on your Instagram story and videos will help your account rise.
Instagram Tips and Tricks
If you want to spend more time on Instagram, here are a few sneaky tips you can learn to help you access the network. When it comes to direct messages, there are moments when you wish you might read it without the annoying text alerting the other user.
When you use Instagram’s “restricted” option, you can read a friend’s direct message without them getting a “seen” warning. Instagram says, “They won’t be able to see whether you’re online or whether you’ve read their posts.” The functionality was designed to combat intimidation and abuse, but it also functions well for reading messages in stealth mode.
Instagram also added message restriction filters, allowing people to remove messages in bulk, as part of its efforts to tackle cyberbullying. Simply enter a message, press the dotted icon in the corner, click “manage comments,” and then select up to 25 comments to remove all at once. You can also choose “more options” to block or exclude several accounts at once. You may also monitor who you tag or mention in your account to take additional action. You’ll be able to choose “Any,” “The People You Follow,” or “No One.”