Adding social media accounts to YouTube channels is common practice these days. It is of utmost importance to compete with the rivals in this era. Nowadays everyone wants success. But for this, perfection in your work is important. If you are on YouTube, you must know how much it is important to create other social media accounts like Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
You can simply add the links of your account in the description of every video and indeed it’s one of the important steps too. But you should add these icons to your display as well. So, the people visiting your channel may find your accounts easily. And in case you haven’t uploaded any video for long, people who are visiting your channel can get into your other accounts as well.
Why Should You Add Social Media Icons to Your YouTube Channel?
These icons will make your channel more appealing and you’ll likely gain more views. The only thing YouTube promotes on their website is videos and their description reflects only that. To engage their crowd and gauge their expectations, many YouTubers have their own social media accounts to engage themselves with as many people as possible.
In addition, it will inspire more people to subscribe to your channel since they will perceive the channel as striving to succeed. Also, these platforms can provide you with a valuable source of income. You can use them to promote your traffic to your other accounts. That’s the best way to get more comments and likes. This is a very beneficial step to promote your channel.
Let’s take a step ahead to see how to add social media icons to YouTube channels?
What are the Procedures for Adding Social Media Icons to YouTube Channels?
Make sure you include URLs of your other social platforms in your channel if you want your traffic to spread. With these steps, it’s easy to do.
- Access your YouTube channel.
- You will find your profile in the top right corner of the website. Click the profile icon and a dropdown menu will appear.
- In the dropdown menu, click on Go to your channel. you will be taken to an overview window that contains your visitor’s progress and a banner.
- A blue button named click custom channel. Once you click on the button, you will be presented with various features.
- Click the About button at the bottom and scroll down.
- A drop-down menu will appear as you click on that link button.
- Add the number of links according to the number of social media account you want to add to your channel.
- You want to add Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. Put three links on your sidebar.
- An Add button will appear. Select it. Two boxes will appear. In the first field, you need to write the domain name of the social media account you want to add, say Facebook, and the second field, the URL, you need to copy and paste.
- For Instagram and Twitter, click the add button again, and repeat the steps as described above.
When you finish adding, click Done. On your banner, you will see these icons. When you click them, your accounts will open.