YouTubers usually promote their content via various social media apps like Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. These social media apps help promote their YouTube channel. Many times you have seen the social media icons on the banner of a YouTube channel. What does it elaborate? Is it of any importance for gaining YouTube video views? The article will cover the detailed analysis of how you can add the social media icons that directly lead to your social media accounts on your YouTube channel. But before that let’s discuss why is it necessary to add these links to your channel?
Why is it Necessary to Add Social Media Icons to your YouTube Channel?
As we know YouTube promotes video content only and the description demonstrates that video only. To engage themselves with the audience and having an informal chat with them to know what their expectations are, many YouTubers create other social media accounts to engage themselves with maximum people. Moreover. It will attract more people to subscribe to your channel as they view the channel as working systematically. This will automatically increase your chances to get Youtube shares as well. These social media websites depict the hobbies, personalities, and interests of YouTube. These platforms are a great source of your income too. You can promote your traffic to your other accounts. It’s a best way to haunt more likes leading to no more need to buy Youtube likes. The banner will look catchy with these icons and more likely you can get more views. If people like your video content, they will surely go to other platforms to discover more about you.
How to Add Social Media Icons to the YouTube Banner?
If you want your traffic to reach out to your other social platforms as well, add URLs of your account to your channel. This can be done simply with these steps.
- Log in to your YouTube channel.
- On the top right corner, you can see your profile. Click on your profile button and you will see a dropdown menu.
- From this dropdown menu click on the “Go to your channel” feature. you will reach the window showing your channel progress and report. The top of the window contains your banner.
- Just below the banners there Is a blue button named “click custom channel”. Click on the button and you will see multiple features there.
- Scroll down and select the “Go to about” feature and click basic info section.
- You will see a button named “ Add link”. Click on that button and a drop-down will appear to you.
- Add the number of links according to the number of social media channels you want to add to your banner.
- Let say you want to add Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. Add three links.
- You will see an add button there. Click on it. Two boxes will appear; in the first one you need to write the name of that social media account say Facebook and the other one will be filled with the URL of your Facebook page. Copy and paste its URL here.
- Again click on the add button and repeat the steps for Instagram and Twitter.
- Click publish when you finish adding. You will see these icons on your banner and they will direct you to your account by clicking them.
You can follow these steps in order to get Youtube subscribers more and more.
Note: You can edit these settings on your computer only. You can’t do this with your phone.
More Helpful links: