TikTok is a Chinese video-sharing and social networking application by the company ByteDance. It has majorly attracted young users but its popularity among older people is also laudable. It provides content that is enjoyable, wholesome, and lighthearted keeping away from more weighty content.
It is primarily a lip-syncing app that gives more of an online Karaoke experience to the users. Similar apps include Vine and Dubsmash, but TikTok popularity with increasing video views is unmatched.
Although TikTok is renowned for its lip-syncing, another prominent in fact viral aspect of TikTok videos is its feature where users act or dance backed by music or other sound clips, and these videos have the most likes and increase TikTok followers and fans for the users.
Earlier you could add any sound to your TikTok video but now adding sound by someone else especially famous singers there are copyright issues. To prevent those you can make your video on some video editing app like In shot and upload it on TikTok.
If you are a beginner at creating content on TikTok and want to create your own videos, you should definitely know how to add music or sounds to your videos.
How to Add a Song to TikTok; Two Methods
When we talk about how to add a song to TikTok music video that you created there are two ways of doing so.
- You can either record your own song and upload it in sounds and use it on your video.
- Or you can use already exiting sounds in the application.
Following are the steps you can follow to add a song to your video on TikTok
- Assuming to have the app installed on your device, Launch your app and tap the PLUS SIGN (+) at the bottom center to create a new video.
For a lip-syncing video or act-out video you need to add your sound first and after that perform on it; this is the case when you upload a sound yourself. But if you want to just add a sound to your existing video or after capturing the video, you can add the sound after making your video.
- To add music to your video, select the option of ‘Add Sound’ at the top center of your screen.
- It will open a whole library of audio sounds to choose from.
- You can preview any song/sound on TikTok by clicking on it.
- After deciding the song/sound/music that you want to add to your video click on the checkmark and sound will be added to your video.
- You can also change the sound later by selecting the option of Sound at the bottom left.
As we said earlier, you can also add a new song to your video from your own device. To do that follow the following steps
- Assuming you have already downloaded the song or sound you want to add to your video, launch the app and select + option to make a new video.
- To add music first click on ‘Add sound’ on the top center of your phone’s screen
- When the audio menu opens select ‘My Sounds’ at the top right of your screen
- You can now add your own sound to your video
The list will contain only those songs and sounds that are not the intellectual property of some other individual i.e. to prevent copyright infringement.
- Click on the sound you want from the list and select the checkmark
All the images used in this post are copyrighted to the respective owners. If you want any image to be removed, please contact us.
Check Our TikTok Services