With Instagram taking the world by storm, there are more than 1 billion active users on Instagram, as statistics have shown. Today, it has become a popular platform for people and businesses to spread their message across to a wide audience. Because Instagram is so crowded, even with the rarest of names, there is a chance that someone else may have the same account name on Instagram. If you are a blogger or a business, someone, somewhere on Instagram may have a similar account. How to stand out from the others? How to let people know that your account is the authentic one? The Instagram verified badge is your answer! That blue checkmark on the profile? Yes, that is what shows your account is legit! How do you get your account verified on Instagram? Let us show you how!
Read More: How To Turn Off Active Status In Instagram?
How To Get An Account Verified On Instagram
Here’s a simple step-by-step guide to request Instagram account verification.
- Open the Instagram app on your iPhone or Android device.
- Tap on the profile picture icon located on the bottom right end of the page.
- From here tap on the menu icon present at the top-right end of the profile page.
- After the menu opens, choose the settings icon from the list that opens. From here, click the account option from the opened setting menu.
- Scroll the account settings to get the request verification option. Tap on this.
- You will see a form open up that has your present account name filled already. Here, add in your full name (either your name or the business name of your account).
- After filling in your name, click the choose file option to add your ID photo. Your passport, driver’s license, or national identity card can be used for this purpose. In the case of a business, official documents like a recent electrical bill, or a tax filing document will work.
- You can either take an in-focus clear photo of your ID using your camera or can upload an image from your phone’s gallery.
- When you have uploaded the picture and filled in the details, just tap the blue button that says “send”. This button is present at the screen bottom. Completing this process submits your request for verification to Instagram.
If you are looking to get Instagram verification you must have maximum followers and likes. You can get by buying Instagram followers and getting Non-drop Instagram Likes to boost your profile to get verification.
Don’t just think that you are verified after sending the request. You are not verified just as yet. Your request will be viewed by Instagram moderators who will closely review your account and then decide whether you should or should not be given the Instagram badge. Don’t expect a straight and quick response because this can take several weeks at times. When the decision of Instagram is made, you will be given a notification of whether your account has been verified or not. If the request is disapproved, do not get disheartened, you can make a new request again after a period of 30 days.
Getting verified on Instagram isn’t impossible. But there are certain things that you should be careful regarding your account like your account should be authentic, public, unique, notable, and complete.